Every SCARF lesson plan is set out in an easy-to-use way and provides all the resources you’ll need to cover its learning outcomes including:
- Comprehensive lesson notes, some with additional guidance for dealing with sensitive or complex issues.*
- All additional resources needed e.g. activity sheets, films, songs, online games. (All you need to provide is some basic equipment such as writing equipment or art materials).
- Clear learning outcomes.
- Fully covers the DfE statutory requirements for Relationships and Health Education through its spiral curriculum.
- Links to the PSHE Association Programmes Programmes of Study learning opportunities, covering the requirements recommended in their Programme Builders.
- Links to different National curriculum subjects addressed in the lesson, helping you to see how you can cover many requirements of the curriculum – from Science and English through to Computing and even History – through SCARF lessons.
Our new Ofsted Ofsted self-evaluation tool gives step-by-step guidance on how SCARF meets the new expectations about curriculum intent, implementation and impact.
*Before beginning, read our comprehensive guidance for creating a safe learning environment - essential for teaching about sensitive issues safely and confidently.
Find out more about SCARF