Relationships and sex education for 8-11-year-olds
Building on the foundations of our online SCARF resources, these workshops, led by highly-skilled, confident educators, combine the themes of keeping safe, relationships, and growing and changing. Workshops' content also contributes to SMSC, safeguarding and mental health requirements. All our teaching resources are tried and tested in the classroom, and regularly reviewed.
A workshop for parents/carers is also offered, at no extra charge
Choose from these workshops
Time for Change - puberty workshop for 8-10-year-olds
- Understand that puberty involves changes that are physical, emotional and psychological
- Recognise the names of female and male reproductive organs, and begin to understand their function
- Understand that emotions are affected by hormonal changes and these can be confusing at first
- Develop resilience to deal with situations they may face as they reach puberty
RSE workshop for 8-9-year-olds (prior knowledge of puberty required)
- Know and understand correct terminology of reproductive organs and external sexual body parts
- Begin to understand the idea of body ownership
- Know a range of appropriate responses to unwanted touch
RSE workshop for 9-10-year-olds (prior knowledge of puberty required)
- Recognise that puberty can be exciting and scary
- Explore in more detail some of the changes that happen during puberty
- Understand that gender stereotypes are harmful
- Know and understand the meaning of consent in relation to their body
RSE workshop for 10-11-year-olds (prior knowledge of puberty required)
- Identify how the body changes that take place during puberty are linked to reproduction
- Describe the process of conception, pregnancy, and birth
- Recognise that everyone has boundaries related to their physical and personal space as well and this also applies to verbal interactions.
- Identify when someone’s boundaries have been crossed and what they and others can do to make school a safe place for everyone.
View the full details of our RSE workshops.
Contact your local team to check availability of these workshops for your school.
What teachers say...
"The delivery was excellent – informative and it put children at ease. There were nerves from some children beforehand, but the sessions, I’m sure, have helped answer many questions."
“Brilliant! Delivery of every session was amazing – comfortable but professional.”
“A sensitive and potentially embarrassing subject taught so well and filled with many great facts.”
“A high-quality session delivered in a thoughtful, sensitive and totally informative way. Thank you!”