Visited 10,892 pupils in 71 schools in 2018/19
Life Education Wiltshire (LEW) is a Wiltshire based charity whose aim is to deliver health and wellbeing education to primary schools in Wiltshire, supporting schools to meet statutory requirements for Relationships and Health Education, as part of a broad PSHE programme. As a delivery partner for Coram Life Education, we work across Wiltshire with teachers to provide all the educational material they need to support the positive mental health and wellbeing of their pupils. LEW is a charitable trust and is managed by volunteers, many of whom are Rotarians, employing an expererienced educator. We enjoy a long-established relationship with Primary Schools, delivering PSHE lessons to pupils since 1997.
What do we offer ?
SCARF Live Online is our new and exciting form of delivery for 2020/21
Becky, our Educator, supported by Harold the loveable Giraffe, delivers the 30 to 40 minute lessons virtually via Zoom. This means we can be in your classroom and still deliver the same quality lessons as we did from the ‘Life Bus’ but in a very safe way. The programmes encourage children to be aware of the importance of looking after their bodies and emtional wellbeing. Age-appropriate information is discussed about keeping a healthy mind and body and strategies to develop a healthy and positive mental wellbeing.
Since launching our SCARF Live Online delivery in September 2020, the feedback has been extremely positive:
· 100% of teachers surveyed agree that the content met the children's needs
· 100% of teachers surveyed agree that the sessions were well delivered
· 100% of teachers surveyed would recommend the service to another school
“Thank you! It went incredibly smoothly, and the children were just as engaged with you on the screen as they would be in real life.
The children were incredibly engaged with all of the session, especially Harold the giraffe. They definitely loved giving him help and advice about how to look after himself. It’s great to give them more vocabulary to talk about their emotions. They’re very good with happy, sad and angry but are fairly limited after that. Will definitely be using the feelings bingo to help give them more words to explain how they are feeling.”
Lisa-Marie Reed at Box Primary School
Our new SCARF online package includes:
· Engaging virtual workshops
· An Emotional Wellbeing & Physical Health focus
· 30 to 40 minute age-appropriate 'live' sessions based on our spiral curriculum of KS1, Lower KS2, Upper KS2 and a *Reception programme (*new for Spring 2021)
· A virtual pre-visit session, including pre-recorded preparatory and teaching materials, to set the scene for the 'live' session
· Suggested SCARF resources for follow-on work
· A pre-visit technical support session and SCARF Staff Training. We can also tailor staff meetings to meet the needs of your school
· A year’s subscription to our award-winning online SCARF PSHE resources that meet the DfE requirements for statutory Relationships and Health Education. SCARF equips teachers with the resources, lesson plans, assembly ideas, planning and assessment tools to support children’s holistic development from Nursery to Year 6.
Also new for 2020/2021:
SCARF at Home provides safe PSHE activities that children can complete when self-isolating at home.
Contact us for more information:
Please feel free to use the contact details to the right of this page if you would like any further information about Wiltshire Life Education and Harold the Giraffe!